- VK2809, a small molecule thyroid beta agonist in Phase 2 development for the treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and hypercholesterolemia currently in development by Viking Therapeutics
- MGL-3196, an orally administered, small-molecule, liver-directed, THR β-selective agonist currently in development by Madrigal Pharma.
Make Informed Investment Decisions with Affordable Access to Experts
A look at therapies in development by Viking and Madrigal for NAFLD & NASH with a focus on VK2809 and MGL-3196Ticker(s): VKTX, MDGL
Name: Dr Jonathan G. Stine - MD
Institution: Penn State
- Transplant Hematologist & Assistant Professor Medicine, Gastroenterology & Hepatology at Penn State.
- 60% clinical research largely focusing on NASH; hepatology group sees >750 patients with NAFLD/NASH a year of which he manages 25%.
- Lectures nationally on NASH and hi research in this field; and familiar with the MGL-3196 36 Week Data and VK2809.
Slingshot Insights Explained
Expert research benefits investors by giving them timely access to unbiased real world perspectives on highly specialized topics. Slingshot Insights' crowdfunded model makes this access available at a fraction of the cost of other expert networks.