Make Informed Investment Decisions with Affordable Access to Experts
Another Expert View: Discussing the Market Potential of Neurocrine's (NBIX) Ingrezza for Tardive Dyskinesia & Impact on Teva's AustedoTicker(s): NBIX, VRX, TEVA
Name: Dr Herbert Meltzer - MD
Institution: Northwestern University
- Professor of psychiatry, pharmacology and physiology at Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine.
- Extensive clinical experience in treating tardive dyskinesia (currently seeing 8 patients w/ TD) and involved in other trials of VMAT 2 inhibitors.
- Past-president of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology and has received numerous national and international awards for research in schizophrenia.
Please describe your background and experience treating patients with TD. How many patients with TD do you currently see?Added By: c_admin
What is the current treatment protocol for patients with Tardive Dyskinesia? How would you describe the effectiveness of current treatments?Added By: c_admin
There are no other approved products for TD, but Valeant's tetrabenazine, benzodiazepines, clozapine, or botulinum toxin injections also may be tried in treatment. How would you describe the effectiveness of tetrabenazine, and these other forms of treatment that are sometimes used?Added By: c_admin
What is the market potential of Ingrezza in TD? NBIX identified a possible patient population of 500,000; is this an accurate number?Added By: c_admin
How does Ingrezza compare in efficacy and safety to tetrabenazine? Which drug do you see controlling the market going forward?Added By: c_admin
Are there any other drugs currently being developed that could disrupt the market for TD drugs?Added By: c_admin
The label for Ingrezza is very clean and benign vs. Austedo. Was this something you expected or did you anticipate seeing other warnings, restrictions, etc...Added By: c_admin
How aware of Ingrezza's approval are psychiatrists or providers that typically treat TD? Is this a physician group that is generally conservative or are they receptive of new therapies?Added By: c_admin
If we assume Ingrezza's sales force will be highlighting the lack of dose titration, faster onset, once a day dosing, lack of food requirement, tolerability of the drug, etc... Please discuss how meaningful these attributes will be in the real world setting.Added By: c_admin
Ingrezza does not require a black box warning, unlike Teva's Austedo, which has a PDUFA in TD in August 2017.
- If given the choice, would there be any reason a physician would put patients on Teva’s deuterated product vs. Ingrezza, given the boxed safety warning and inferior efficacy and dosing regimen?
- How do you think this will this affect the commercialization and market share of both products?
Slingshot Insights Explained
Expert research benefits investors by giving them timely access to unbiased real world perspectives on highly specialized topics. Slingshot Insights' crowdfunded model makes this access available at a fraction of the cost of other expert networks.