Make Informed Investment Decisions with Affordable Access to Experts
Digging into Bluebird’s bb21217 P1 in treating Multiple MyelomaTicker(s): BLUE
A hematologist/oncologist with knowledge about Bluebird’s BCMA-Targeted CAR T Cell Therapy Pipeline.
Please tell us about your clinical practice, background in plasma cell cancers; R/RMM and research in the space. How many patients with Multiple Myeloma do you treat,what is the first/second line of therapy? What % of patients do not respond well to first line?
How does a BCMA-targeted CAR T cell therapy work in increasing the persistence of CAR T cells; to enrich for T cells displaying memory-like phenotypes? What are Bluebird’s pipeline unique strengths/ particularities in the Multiple Myeloma space?
In its recent P1 data release, the company cites 10 of 12 (83%) patients in the 150 x 106 CAR+ T cells cohort demonstrated clinical response, of which 4 with a stringent complete response or complete response, and 6 with a very good partial response (VGPR). What is your opinion on these results?
Among the 10 confirmed responders, the median duration of response was 11.1 months (95% Confidence Interval (CI); 3.3 – not estimable) and none experienced disease progression. How important are those findings? How do they compare to the standard of care in R/RMM?
- The company is to further recruit patients at the 450 x 106 CAR+ T cells dose cohort, where 4 of the 7 (57%) evaluable patients demonstrated clinical response; one with a sCR, two with a VGPR and one with a PR, with a median follow-up of 3.3 months (<1 – 6 months).
- Can the worse results (despite increased dosage) in this cohort be explained by low enrollment nrs?
Added By: slingshot_insights
- Even more, the 300 x 106 CAR+ T cells cohort, reported only 6/14 (43%) evaluable patients with demonstrated clinical response; 4 with a VGPR and 2 with a partial response (PR), with a median follow-up of four months (2 – 10 months).
- Based on this, what is your conclusion on the efficacy of the drug?
- Is the good result on the low dosage cohort simply an outlier here?
Slingshot Insights Explained
Expert research benefits investors by giving them timely access to unbiased real world perspectives on highly specialized topics. Slingshot Insights' crowdfunded model makes this access available at a fraction of the cost of other expert networks.