Make Informed Investment Decisions with Affordable Access to Experts
A Second Opinion: Preparing for upcoming 3 year data on BioMarin's gene therapy ValRox in treating patients with hemophilia ATicker(s): BMRN, ONCE, PFE
Institution: Orthopaedic Hemophilia Treatment Center
- Medical Director of the Orthopaedic Hemophilia Treatment Center and Hemophilia Foundation of Southern California.
- Currently manages 120 hemophilia A patients and 40 hemophilia B patients.
- Coordinates the federally funded Region IX Hemophilia activities for the Orthopaedic Hemophilia Treatment Center.
Please describe your clinical practice; roughly how many patients with hemophilia do you currently manage?Added By: joe_mccann
What are your expectations for the 3 years outcomes data to be presented at the upcoming ISTH meeting?Added By: joe_mccann
The median factor VIII activity level was 89% after 1 year, but drifted down to 46% after 2 years.
- What is the minimum medium level you need to see here to be enthusiastic about the program?
- Do you need to see a slowing rate of decline? By how much?
- Is there any chance it could improve again by year 3, or is there only a chance to get worse?
- If it stays about the minimum threshold to induce clotting is that enough?
If patients median factor VIII activity level continues to decline, how many years above the minimum threshold would be appealing to you? Your patients?Added By: joe_mccann
What other key endpoints, beyond median factor VIII activity level are you most focused on?Added By: joe_mccann
Do you view annual bleed rate or median Factor VIII activity levels to be a more important endpoint at the 3 year mark?Added By: joe_mccann
Slingshot Insights Explained
Expert research benefits investors by giving them timely access to unbiased real world perspectives on highly specialized topics. Slingshot Insights' crowdfunded model makes this access available at a fraction of the cost of other expert networks.