Make Informed Investment Decisions with Affordable Access to Experts
Live Reaction from the American College of Cardiology Conference: A discussion with an ACC attendee on the the latest PCSK9 data from FOURIER and ORION-1.Ticker(s): AMGN, SNY, REGN, MDCO, ALNY
Name: Dr Nihar Desai - MD
Institution: Yale School of Medicine
- Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine and an Investigator in the Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation
- Treats 300 patients/month at both inpatient and outpatient settings (60 on Repatha)
- Will be attending the ACC Conference and the AMGN presentation Friday morning.
- His interests focus on comparative effectiveness of antiplatelet and antithrombotic therapy, identifying opportunities to improve outcomes, and evaluating the impact of novel care delivery systems on cost and quality.
Can you describe your background and experience treating patients with high levels of LDL cholesterol at risk of cardiovascular disease? How many patients do you see and what is your typical course of treatment?Added By: pjloria
How safe and effective are current treatment options? Specifically statin therapy and dieting. Please elaborate on any other methods used.Added By: pjloria
How do these current methods compare to what you have seen in the data so far for Repatha and Praluent? In terms of safety and efficacy?Added By: pjloria
What are your high level thoughts on the FOURIER study results? Do you think this will drive meaningful change in the prescribing of Repatha?Added By: pjloria
What should we be looking for in the EBBINGHAUS study details that will be presented on March 18th?Added By: pjloria
Did the FOURIER results meet your expectations on what was a clinically meaningful benefit?Added By: pjloria
What percentage of the patient population do you see as a fit for taking Repatha?Added By: pjloria
Depending on data: Do you think these FOURIER results for Repatha will impact the PCKS9 class positively? Will Repatha take share from Praluent or will the overall class grow?Added By: pjloria
The Medicines Company reported positive Top-Line results from Day 180 Interim Analysis in Ongoing ORION-1 Phase 2 Study of Inclisiran. What are your early thoughts on this data? How important is dose frequency in this patient population?Added By: joe_mccann
What was the energy/reaction of the physicians at the presentation?Added By: joe_mccann
How does today's result influence your view of Praluent's ODYSSEY OUTCOMES trial? Does the longer duration of that trial potentially help the results in light of Amgen's exploratory analysis of outcomes after a year?Added By: joe_mccann
What do you make of this comment by Sean E. Harper, M.D., executive vice president of Research and Development at Amgen:
"There is no legitimate criticism you can make about the efficacy outcome, though you do have to be able to interpret the data"?
Slingshot Insights Explained
Expert research benefits investors by giving them timely access to unbiased real world perspectives on highly specialized topics. Slingshot Insights' crowdfunded model makes this access available at a fraction of the cost of other expert networks.
- AMGN presents results for Repatha (evolocumab) Cardiovascular Outcomes Trial (FOURIER) at the American College of Cardiology 66th Annual Scientific Session AMGN, MDCO, SNY, REGN Occurred On: Mar 17, 2017
- Data from Amgen's (AMGN) Phase 3 FOURIER Coronary Imaging Study Evaluating Repatha in High Cholesterol Patients Expected Q1 2017 AMGN Occurred On: Feb 02, 2017